Orchestral Percussion

Magic Flute Glockenspiel Score

• 1.  Magic Flute Glockenspiel Score

Posted 10-12-2011 14:16
    I was wondering if anyone had the score to the magic flute or  it is available for public domain.  I need it primarily for the glock. excerpt, I have looked all over the internet and have come up empty handed.I know the part is doubled with piano, but I needed some suggestions on what score to use.  There are two scores the overture and the ballet play. Any suggestions would be great.  

• 2.  RE:Magic Flute Glockenspiel Score

Posted 10-13-2011 11:13
    Check out IIMSP.org. It is in public domain andit is there.

• 3.  RE:Magic Flute Glockenspiel Score

Posted 10-13-2011 12:34

Did you mean imslp.org? The link you provided seems to be dead.

• 4.  RE:Magic Flute Glockenspiel Score

Posted 10-13-2011 16:20

Try this link. http://imslp.org/wiki/Die_Zauberflöte,_K.620_(Mozart,_Wolfgang_Amadeus)
    IMSLP.org is a great resource for basically anything in the public domain.

Jared

• 5.  RE:Magic Flute Glockenspiel Score

Posted 10-16-2011 06:54
    Hi Chase, 

IMSLP.org is great, as others have mentioned, but when I needed to perform this part in January, the individual part for the glockenspiel wasn't posted.  Perhaps it's up now.  

While you're looking at the score, check out the glockenspiel part in the second Act for a thrill.  It really shows how this part was written for a keyboard glockenspiel as opposed to our modern instrument.  When I performed it, we had to use two players with separate instruments to get to all the notes in the two sections of the opera.

Best of Luck!
    Nick 

-------------------------------------------
    Nick Stone
    Co-Principal Percussion, KwaZulu-Natal Philharmonic
    -------------------------------------------