PASIC

sound part 2

• 1.  sound part 2

Posted 11-15-2010 15:46
    Can someone please explain to the "Voice In the Sky" in the expo hall that drums make sound. 

Several times when VIS came over his speaker, he sounded very "unhappy".

After all this time I can't believe that no one has come up with a better idea to help control the sound levels in the expo hall and to get VIS to have a little more patience about it.

-------------------------------------------
    Christopher
    -------------------------------------------

• 2.  RE:sound part 2

Posted 12-03-2010 12:51

Hi again Chris,
    I wanted to also address this question as well..
    The "Voice In the Sky" comes from the security who we hire to monitor the sound levels and to make sure that attendees and booths are following the Sound Policy.  This announcement is something that is a result of the exhibitors asking PAS to make an announcement at least once an hour or as needed.  Of course, everyone realizes that the PASIC Expo is a drum/percussion convention and that there is going to be a lot of noise.  But, when you are standing in a booth for 8 hours straight of it, it tends to wear anyone down.  The only way to keep the noise levels to an acceptable "rumble" is to make sure that everyone follows the Sound Policy as best as possible.  This takes a collective effort by PAS, the Exhibitors, as well as the Attendees to make sure no one abuses the privilege.  I'd hate to see the day where we are forced to set certain hours where no can test or sample any instruments.  That would be a real bummer.

~ Jeff