PASIC

PASIC 2010

• 1.  PASIC 2010

Posted 11-16-2010 11:54
    This message has been cross posted to the following eGroups: The Lounge and PASIC .
    -------------------------------------------
    Now that PASIC 2010 is over, what were some of your favorite clinics, concerts, events, booths, etc. at this years' event?  It is always great to hear about everything that went on and what was memorable about this year.

• 2.  RE:PASIC 2010

Posted 11-16-2010 11:57

Old Guard was certainly a favorite.

• 3.  RE:PASIC 2010

Posted 11-16-2010 14:23

I also thought the Old Guard did a phenominal job of bringing to life their history of 50 years.  And not to be partial to the military presentations but the West Point percussion section did a great job on military marches.  For both groups I thought the combination of lecture, video, sound files and performance were perfect.  I only wish I could have seen the entire West Point session. 

And of course the drum circle led by Chet Doboe was OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DC

In the spirit,
    Dominick Cuccia
    www.dreadeddrummer.com
    dominick@dreadeddrummer.com

• 4.  RE:PASIC 2010

Posted 11-16-2010 18:35

My husband has tried to get me to attend for 10 years but being a guitarist I didn't see the point. Guess what? I had an absolute BLAST and plan to attend PASIC 2011!

For me the best clinic was Michael Taylor's Djembe Fundamentals. He so inspired me with the "music" that I invested in my first djembe (couldn't just use hubby's you know). I plan to play it regularly and bring it with me next year!

Following that I attended my first drum circle on Friday night. I must admit I was a bit intimidated at first but I absolutely loved it! I found it very healing to my soul! What an incredible experience!

Ok, so I guess I need to listen to hubby more often! ;-)

MommaB

• 5.  RE:PASIC 2010

Posted 11-16-2010 20:03
    Welcome to the dark side, Catherine.  Life's a bummer if you're not a drummer!!!!!!!!!!!!

DC

In the spirit,
    Dominick Cuccia
    www.dreadeddrummer.com
    dominick@dreadeddrummer.com

• 6.  RE:PASIC 2010

Posted 11-17-2010 10:40
    All of the Percussion Ensemble "showcase" concerts were outstanding.  I also enjoyed Stefon's vibe clinic, laying out everything in such an easy to understand fashion.  The panel discussion on "How to Practice" was also very thought-provoking.  So many outstanding sessions this year!