Graduate Assistantships

Immediate Opening - Graduate Assistantship at Sam Houston State

• 1.  Immediate Opening - Graduate Assistantship at Sam Houston State

Posted 03-30-2011 13:32
      |   view attached
    This message has been cross posted to the following eGroups: Texas and Graduate Assistantships .
    -------------------------------------------

I have an immediate opening for a Graduate Assistant in Percussion at Sam Houston State University. I have attached the flier with some details to this post. 

There is a $9800 stipend and a scholarship opportunity of up to $2000 for qualified students. The GA duties are flexible depending on the strengths of the applicant, but will include working with the Bearkat Marching Band Drumline, Steel Band, and Percussion Methods courses.  

I am happy to report that the Percussion Studio at Sam Houston State is thriving! In the Fall, we will have 25 percussion majors pursuing degrees in music education, performance, and music therapy. We have two percussion ensembles (The Sam Houston Percussion Group and the University Percussion Ensemble), as well as a Steel Band. The Sam Houston Percussion Group just returned from a tour of Panama City, Panama, where we gave the premiere of Emiliano Pardo's percussion concerto, "Tempo de Bembe," with the National Symphony. The Group also performed concerts at the National Institute of Culture. 

There is excellent support for graduate research and travel, as well, which may peak the interest of some potential students.

For more information on the percussion studio, please visit our website: www.shsu.edu/percussion.

Thank you!

All the Best,

Dr. John Lane
    Assistant Professor of Percussion
    Director of Percussion Studies
    Sam Houston State University

Attachment(s)

pdf
    GA-SHSU2.pdf   56K 1 version