If you need a percussionist for a teaching gig, playing gig, or anything else percussive under the sun, send an email to email@example.com and we'd be happy to post the job opening below! This could be a marching band tech position, university posting, musical theatre, or anything else you need. We will also send notice of these job opening out to our chapter on a regular basis. We are happy to also advertise percussion job openings for Connecticut school districts and members of CMEA.
Drumline Tech - Sheehan HS (posted Mar. 3, 2018)
- Sheehan HS is currently looking for a battery instructor for the high school marching band. Rehearsals are held one night a week beginning immediately. If interested please contact Dave David, Giardina Director of Bands, at 203-949-6575 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pit Tech - Brien McMahon HS (posted Sep. 10, 2017)
- Brien McMahon High School is in search of a front ensemble technician for he 2017-2018 fall and winter competitive seasons. Brien McMahon is a class 5A marching band competing in USBands. Brien McMahon is looking to further develop its' front ensemble in competition level and musicality. Instructors with at least one year experience in music education, drum corps, or WGI is preferred. If interested, please contact Anthony Davis at email@example.com.
Connecticut PAS Clinicians
- Our Connecticut Chapter of PAS is looking for clinicians for our clinics that we give each year. We give clinics on the CMEA audition material before regional and/or all-state auditions. Some years we use the high school material, other years we use the middle school material. This is a tremendous opportunity for college student percussionists to get out in the community and build a resume, or the professional musician to give back to the state community. We can offer some gas money to help with transportation costs. We also give instrument specific clinics throughout the school year on various instruments. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Connecticut PAS Student Delegates
- Our Connecticut Chapter of PAS is seeking two highly motivated high school or college students to assist our chapter. You will assist with clinics, chapter planning, social media, website, member recruitment, and a whole lot more! Full details can be found at the below link.
- PAS Student Delegate Info - CLICK HERE
(POSITIONS FILLED) Cymbal Tech & Pit Tech - Westhill HS (posted Sep. 10, 2017)
- Westhill High School is seeking a cymbal technician and an additional pit technician for the upcoming Winter season. Standard schedule is Monday/Wednesday from 6-9pm, and all day Saturdays. Schedule flexibility may be possible. Westhill is competitive in WGI, MAC, and USBands, and culminates their season each year with WGI World Championships in Dayton, OH. The Ideal candidate would have WGI, DCA, or DCI experience, but not required. Please email Michael Wyatt at email@example.com if interested.
(POSITION FILLED) ECSU Percussion Methods Course Instructor (posted Sept. 21, 2016)
- Eastern Connecticut State University seeks a qualified adjunct to teach Class Percussion - a course that introduces general education students to key concepts, terminology, methodologies and performance in percussion - for three faculty load credits starting in the spring 2017 semester. Candidate needs to have at least a masters degree. Competitive compensation. Please submit a cover letter and vita to Jeff Calissi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
(UNCONFIRMED IF STILL OPEN) Trumbull High School Winter Percussion Front Ensemble Technicians (posted Nov. 22, 2016)
- Trumbull High School Winter Percussion is seeking TWO Front Ensemble/Pit technicians for the Winter 2016/17 season. The staff is seeking those with experience in one of the following: Keyboards, Accessory Percussion, Electronics, or Drumset. Rehearsals are Tuesday/Thursday evenings with shows on Saturdays. Accommodations can be made if necessary. Pay is extremely competitive. Experience teaching front ensemble/pit is preferred. Please send resume and references to email@example.com
(UNCONFIRMED IF STILL OPEN) Bristol Central High School Percussion Instructor (posted Dec. 2, 2016)
- Bristol Central High School is seeking a percussion instructor. Rehearsals are Tuesday nights throughout the year. The position consists of teaching marching band from August-October (corps-style), and teaching percussion ensemble for the rest of the year. Usually students take a break from January through early March for the spring musical, then start up again after the musical to prepare the percussion ensemble for the May concert. Please direct inquiries to John Abucewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org.